- This event has passed.
Weekend Permablitz with “Bring & Share” BRUNCH, Sunday 2 September 2018 – Starting at 9.30am
September 2 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
This weekend permablitz is earlier in the day than usual to avoid us working outside in the midday heat. Work in the garden will see us continue Planting Up the forest garden and preparing the social “planter” area, ready for our next big public event.
Everyone is welcome to join in. We’re all there for the same reasons – to share skills, team-work, enthusiasm and food as we all “muck in” and work together to create and maintain our permaculture-led community garden.
We schedule the blitzes for a couple of hours to cover the time we need to work on the plot. Those wanting to stay for Brunch are asked to bring snacks to contribute to the “Bring & Share”. So once the work finishes, brunch takes as long as it takes – usually until the conversation finishes and someone says we should probably go home.
What you need to bring:
- Please wear old clothes and suitable footwear appropriate for the season.
- We advise you to bring your own gardening gloves, especially with children.
- Having your own secateurs/ pruners and trugs may be useful.
- Please bring some basic gardening tools to use and anything you can contribute to our mulch and compost.
- Please bring food for the brunch “Bring & Share” if you’d like to stick around for a bite to eat after the permablitz garden activity.
Look forward to seeing you in the garden!