- This event has passed.
Weekend Permablitz with “Bring & Share” BRUNCH, Sunday 22 July 2018 – Starting at 9.30am
July 22, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
This weekend permablitz marks an extra one for July as we continue Planting Up the forest garden and preparing the social “planter” area, ready for our next big public event.
Everyone is welcome to join in. We’re all there for the same reasons – to share skills, team-work, enthusiasm and food as we all “muck in” and work together to create and maintain our permaculture-led community garden.
We schedule the blitzes for a couple of hours to cover the time we need to work on the plot. Those wanting to stay for lunch are asked to bring snacks to contribute to the “Bring & Share” lunch. So once the work finishes, lunch takes as long as it takes – usually until the conversation finishes and someone says we should probably go home.
What you need to bring:
- Please wear old clothes and suitable footwear appropriate for the season.
- We advise you to bring your own gardening gloves, especially with children.
- Having your own secateurs/ pruners and trugs may be useful.
- Please bring some basic gardening tools to use and anything you can contribute to our mulch and compost.
- Please bring food for the lunchtime “Bring & Share” if you’d like to stick around for a bite to eat after the permablitz garden activity.
Look forward to seeing you in the garden!