You know what they say about only mad dogs and Englishmen…!?! Well, to avoid the heat, we’ve decided to make this Sunday’s garden meet-up earlier and have a “bring & share” brunch.
We’ll be starting at Westbury Arts Centre between 9am and 9.30am where we’ll have teas and coffees available to help with our wake-up before we go into the garden. Then for the next couple of hours we’ll be working on moving some cardboard and pallets, cutting back weeds (with strimmers and shears) and finishing off the “social area” behind the barn by making the woodchip floor and setting down our raised bed planters.
We’ll finish around 11.30am for our “bring & share” brunch, where we’ll be having breakfast pancakes with fruit, washed down with some posh coffee.
What you need to bring:
- Please wear old clothes and suitable footwear appropriate for the season
– This time is especially important that you have good gardening gloves, strong boots, a hat, and something to cover your mouth and face for protection when we’re moving the pallets out of storage.
- Having your own secateurs/ pruners and trugs may be useful.
– Any strimmers to join our strimming gang are welcome too!
- Please bring some basic gardening tools to use and anything you can contribute to our mulch and compost. (e.g. Cardboard, kitchen scraps etc.)
- Please bring food for the brunch “Bring & Share” if you’d like to stay for a bite to eat after the permablitz garden activity.
– Fruit to go with our pancakes will be a welcome addition 🙂