PLANTING UP: Volunteer Garden Work Party with “Bring & Share” Lunch (every second & fourth Saturday of the month)
No matter what your experience or ability, everyone is welcome to join our garden work parties and participate in whatever way you feel comfortable taking part.
We believe in applying the permaculture design principles, so our volunteer garden work parties see us all mucking in and working together, sharing what we can.
We meet at Westbury Arts Centre around 10.30am and work in the garden until around 1pm before we break for a social “Bring & Share” picnic-style lunch together.
Lunch goes on as long as we like, then depending on how we feel, we go back to working in the garden before we close up at 4pm.
What you need to bring:
- Please wear old clothes and suitable footwear appropriate for the season. (Remember sunscreen and a hat for sunny days too.)
- We advise you to bring your own gardening gloves and basic gardening tools – especially a trowel and some secateurs/ pruners.
- Please bring food and drink for you and/or something to share among the group for our “Bring & Share” lunch. (Having a refillable bottle is always a good idea too)
Most of these garden work parties will be at Westbury Arts Centre but look out for “permablitz” projects we do to help other garden sites around Milton Keynes and for our occasional field trips to explore new green spaces and say hello to other groups.
Please email: [email protected] to confirm your place and for updates on cancellations caused by bad weather.
Look forward to seeing you in the garden
Please read the following terms and conditions associated with the event before agreeing to proceed:
1. Please wear tough gloves, long sleeves, trousers, and appropriate footwear for working in the garden. Tools will be provided, but by participating in any and all activities you are assuming full responsibility for yourself and the safety of your family and guests.
2. By taking part, you understand, accept, and assume the risks associated, and assume full responsibility for any injuries that may occur, and waive any and all Claims against the garden landowner, Westbury Arts Centre and Transition Town Milton Keynes/ Planting Up, and all board members, employees, volunteers and associated representatives.
3. Please be aware that the ingredients of food provided by “Bring & Share” guests cannot be guaranteed. If you have a dietary requirement, please ensure you do not share food unless completely comfortable with the ingredients.
4. Planting Up cannot be held responsible for the above.
5. If you have any concerns at any time, please email: [email protected].